Feb 11, 2016

How Well Do You Know Jesus?

That is a hard question. Jesus is so far beyond human knowledge that we couldn't possibly know him as well as we'd like. I think that I know only the tiniest amount and that there is so much more to learn.

A few years ago, I went on my first silent retreat. It was such a moving experience. In the middle of nowhere with no one to talk to and nothing to distract, I spent a lot of time getting to know Jesus. And he told me many things I didn't want to hear. Things I had been avoiding because I didn't want to acknowledge that I needed to change.

This year I am going to try to find the time to go on retreat again. I need that time away from everything to refocus and reconnect in a meaningful way. Time to talk to Jesus and discover what he wants me to do. Frankly, I'm pretty bad at directing my life. I choose the wrong things, make the wrong decisions. I have so much more peace when he's in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment