Jan 1, 2013

The Internet is a Wonderful Thing

As I posted previously, we are studying the section on the Holy Spirit from the Catechism as part of formation. There are sections that I've read over, looked at other sources and am still stuck on. And I'm not the type of person to let it go if I don't understand something. I will keep searching until I not only get an answer, but I also understand it.

Today I finally understand it, with the help of CatholicCity.com and their Catechism Simplified. After finding that site, it dawned on me that in order to understand some of the sections you need to read the references in the footnotes, which I was not doing. Catechism Simplified uses those footnotes to help explain what the Catechism is saying.

Okay, I'm a little slow sometimes. I would be much farther along if I had just read the footnotes. But, I wouldn't have discovered a bunch of great blogs and websites if I had gone the easy route. Someday I will add a page to this site with all of my absolutely most favorite websites and blogs.

For anyone like me that has long lists of blogs that they check out, you need Google Reader. It compiles all of the new postings into one screen where you can weed through them. You can also set up folders and categorize your sites, star your favorite posts and mark posts for later reading. It is a huge time saver and I don't miss the posts from people who don't blog on a regular basis (like me).

Anyways...back to my Catechism reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment