Jul 18, 2011

Much Better

This week is starting off much better than the last few.  Saturday was our OCDS meeting and two of our members were clothed.  This time next year I will be one of those standing at the alter receiving my scapular.  I get chills of excitement just thinking about it.  God has put me here with this group of men and women to serve him and grow closer.  St. Theresa of Avila wrote in The Way of Perfection that those who truely love God seek good.  Sometimes I think God has to show some of us the way to good because we are so lost that we wouldn't know where to find good.  And good is this OCDS group.  Even though I've only been to three meetings now I am learning so much of what it means to love God with all my heart and soul, and how to share it with others.

Tomorrow I am meeting two of my new found sisters at the monastery for morning prayers and mass, then we are meeting to begin development of a website for our group.  The least I can do to show my appreciation is to use my extensive computer skills to help them out.  Pope Benedict has said to use all of the means available to evangelize and that is what we are going to do.  Maybe this little venture will help at least one lost soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment