Jun 19, 2011

Good Intentions

That saying, "The path to Hell is paved with good intentions" is what comes to mind when St. Theresa talks about the worst temptation.  Satan is an excellent deceiver.  When you think you are doing something for the good of God, you really are doing evil instead.  Unfortunately you don't know this until it's too late.  Those who support euthanasia, abortion and same-sex marriage believe they are doing good.

Euthanasia takes away a persons suffering, but it also takes away any chance for good either towards that person or from that person.  Suffering is a reminder not to waste what little life that we each have.  As St. Theresa said, "black is that much blacker against white and white is so much whiter against black."  Without the contrast everything would just look gray.

Abortion is another grave sin for which supporters believe they are helping.  I read a bumper sticker recently that said, "Abortion doesn't make you unpregnant, it makes you the mother of a dead baby".  Although rather harsh sounding it is so true and heart breaking.  It may not sink in right away, but one day it will and those women will have to live with the fact that they murdered their own child.  The intentional killing of children by their mother doesn't destroy just one life.  It destroys two lives.

Same-sex marriage seems harmless enough.  Supporters just want homosexual couples to have the same happiness that other couples have.  If only it was that innocent.  Marriage is a unique bond between a man and woman.  It's not just for love or producing children, but a covenant created by God that binds two people together in love and as the basic support system for the raising of children.  Homosexual couples may love each other, but they weren't designed by God to fulfill the marital covenant or to be the basic support system for raising of children.  They as a couple can never have children.  While there are couples that are infertile or choose not to have children, they still fulfill that covenant and make up the basic structure to support children.

I pray that the people led astray by their good intentions will have time to realize their mistake and repent.  It would be very sad indeed to discover too late that they have paved their path to Hell with these good intentions.


Lord Jesus, you have endured me all these years with my sins, but nonetheless You pitied me;
I was led astray in every way, but now I will sin no more; 
I have wronged You and I have been unjust; 
I will be so, no more; 
I renounce sin, 
I renounce the Devil, 
I renounce iniquity that stains my soul; 
free my soul from all that is against Your holiness;
I entreat You, Lord Jesus, to rescue me from all evil; Come Jesus now, come now and abide in my heart;
Forgive me, Lord Jesus, and allow me to rest in You, For You are my Shield, my Redeemer and my Light and in You do I trust;
From today I will bless You Lord at all times;
I repudiate evil and all other gods and idols, for You are the Most High over the world, far transcending all other gods;
By Your mighty arm, rescue me from ill health, rescue me from being a captive, rescue me from trouble and defeat my enemy the Devil; come quickly to my help O Saviour!

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment