Nov 26, 2012

Soon...Sort Of

My journey as an Aspirant has taken quite an adventure. Over the past year and several months, I have gone through several Aspirant partners, my mentor being in the hospital and way too much getting off topic. In another three or four or maybe five months I will enter the next phase of formation working towards making my temporary promise.

One of the requirements for entering the next phase is to write about why you want to be a Carmelite. As if what I want is at all important. God just keeps shoving me in the direction He wants me to go no matter how much I want to go in a different direction. (I'm still trying to convince Him that He wants me to win the lottery, but no luck so far.)

Since entering Carmel I have felt so much closer to God. My prayer life has expanded and I'm no longer fighting God on where He wants me to go. It's like I've found home. This is where God wants me to be. I am still a long long way from being a saint, but I'm finally on the right track.

With God's mercy and guidance I will move on to the next phase and maybe in another two years, I will be making my first promise. It may take longer. I trust that however long it takes, it will be due to all of the work God has to do to get me where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment